cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How do I change and assembly from metric to inches (all parts and subassemblies at once)

kurubek
1-Newbie

How do I change and assembly from metric to inches (all parts and subassemblies at once)

I'm looking for a quick fix to change both assemblies and the parts within from metric to inches.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
16 REPLIES 16
creodential
5-Regular Member
(To:kurubek)

Hit ALT-F R R

Click on units, choose your game and enable the check box regarding subcomponents.

I cannot find a checkbox regarding subcomponents. perhaps I'm a moron?Screenshot3.jpg

creodential
5-Regular Member

You have to click on "change" in the second line ("units)

Screenshot5.jpg

I wish I had a "include submodels" button but it's not there.... anywhere that I can find. I have no idea why

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I'm on Creo 2 M170 and I have the sub-models option.  It's the first time I have ever seen it though. Hmmmm....must be new.

What version and build code are you on Kenny?

CREO 2 but not sure where to find any other info.

creodential
5-Regular Member

Hit ALT-F H I

I'm on M170 too, so you might have to update.

Screenshot7.jpg

StephenW
23-Emerald II

FILE - HELP - ABOUT CREO PARAMETRIC shows your build code...it will be Mxxx.   Mine is M170

Please make it magically appear.

creodential
5-Regular Member

Beats me. I've tried it with the most basic Creo 2.0 license we have, no fancy features.

What version are you running?

I have had this problem forever. But now its getting where everything is in metric. Took me 2 hrs yesterday to convert every single part from an assembly so I can build tools to assemble.

mender
6-Contributor

This thread intrigued me, so I did some research.  The functionality was enabled in Creo 2 M070.

kurubek
1-Newbie
(To:mender)

Thats kinda what I was afraid of.

Now for the awesome task of finding a way to upgrade

dschenken
21-Topaz I

If you have a license for Mechanica, you can use that to convert them all as Mechanica didn't handle mixed-unit parts.

A search on the Community should turn it up.

Got Creo 3.0 and the problem is solved.... YAY ME !! 

Top Tags