cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How do I get set screws into the tools, fasteners....

cchiodo
1-Newbie

How do I get set screws into the tools, fasteners....

Ok, trying to work with Cero 3.0....migrated from wildfire 4.0.....  the fastners in 4.0 are not showing up in cero 3.0, I cannot find any Socket Head Set Screws, inch or mm in the tools menu.

How do I get them into the new IFX drop down system.. It seems to havw some libs already, were do I find additional lis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

which version of IFX (former SMARTLibrary) have you used in Wildfire 4.0?

The library is located in PATH_ABS_LIBRARY (IFX option).

If you have customized your library, you have to change the IFX option PATH_ABS_LIBRARY to your customized library or just copy your old library to the new location, that's up to you.

Maybe you can send me a screenshot of your Socket Head Set Screw. Then I can check if this screw was available in older versions of SMARTLibrary.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi Chris,

still waiting for you answer.

Which version have you used in Wildfire 4.0.

Can you please send a screenshot.

Thanks.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hello, I am not sure no longer have access to Wildfire 4.0, It was at lease build code M110

Screw issue.jpg

Here when loading "Legacy Data" while connected to Windchill server the screws are replaced...The screw part number like CSDD208.prt is the same

WIndchill replaces it with a different size.   It use the same size screw and replace various size screw on the legacy assembly.

screws_2.png

I cannot locate any small Socket Head Set Screws in the tool drop down....  do you know what is meant by the term"Out of the Box Library"

Do I need to load additional Standards ???  If yes were are they located and how do I determine which standards are right for Us ??

Any in-depth documentation on this ??

screw_3.png

Hi Chris,

IFX is shipped with the ProLibrary from PTC.

The files are located in subfolder: <creo loadpoint>\Common Files\afx\parts\prolibrary

In this folder you also found a search.pro.

By default the option "search_path_file" is set to this search.pro.

It seems like that you have legacy parts with the same name as we have in our ProLibrary files.

If you set the Creo option "display_full_object_path" to yes you can see where are the files loaded from.

I think you have to remove/rename the search.pro file so that no search path to the ProLibrary files is set. The you leagcy data will be loaded again corretly.

Not all files from the ProLibrary can be assembled with IFX. The setscrew for example can not be assembley by IFX.

This type is not supported yet.

You can include your own fasteners to the IFX - library. You find a beginner and an advanced tutorial in the PTC Help Center.

Introduction to PTC Creo Intelligent Fastener

Regards,

Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi Chris,

is your problems solved now or do you still have problems?

If not, please mark this discussion as answered.

Thanks.

Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags