cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How do I make neutral (neu) parts or assembly work on creo ?

ejost
1-Newbie

How do I make neutral (neu) parts or assembly work on creo ?

Hi all

I downloaded a pneumatic actuator on traceparts this evening (this is my fourth academic year, but the first time i need outsourced components).

They are .neu parts. I can open them ... (by clicking ok every checkbox).

But once opened it won't be moving at all. The rod is stuck in the casing. It's like if every single piece was stuck together with no creo link whatsoever.

I tried re assembeling the pieces back together with slider motion...

It works but i have no idea of the actual limits of the move, so i would be glad if someone knows a trick to propell my outsourcing carrer into new dimensions... in explaining me how do i open those files in order to see them as a working assembly.

Thanks guys

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:ejost)

The .neu files don't carry any of that information.

Thank you for your input. I won't look in that direction any further and lose more time

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:ejost)

It is just a CAD system... emphasis on the "Aided".

If you need good data, you need to re-assemble everything you care about as an engineer.

I would typically assemble the moving part and the fixed part and assemble them using mechanism constraints.

I would then go to the specification for the part and confirm(!) the motion path, and lock it into my assembly.

Now I have a usable assembly.

This up-front work is normal.  You determine how important it is.

However, I never trust OEM models completely as they have a vested interest in not being copied verbatim.

I've downloaded models that show the bare minimum, and others that have etched logos modeled in them.

The ladder tend to fail more often.

Thank you for the input.

Ok then. I do understand the reverse engeneering aspect. However they should give us some reassembly data (my actuator was telescopic with no physical bounds)

Reassembling is what I have done with my actuator and a few other parts. It's a bit penibilous when one's need to know the exact extention of a part. But with guess work on technical data sheets I might have ended up with something working properly.

Have a nice day

Top Tags