cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How do I surpress (deactive) a component in a drawing view

dbolden
4-Participant

How do I surpress (deactive) a component in a drawing view

I have a detailed view of an assembly but I want to hide one of the components in the view.  How do I do this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:dbolden)

‌On the Layout tab select Component Display and select Blank and Picked View as the settings then select the part in that view you want remove.

dbolden
4-Participant
(To:Kevin)

That is what I thought but it doesn't recognize the plug part when I pick the component. I only see's the shaft.  I would really like to only hide it in the detailed view.  It keeps telling me to pick the parent view.  I tried selecting the part from the feature tree but you can't select from there.

Thanks

plug hide.png

dschenken
21-Topaz I

You would have to query select to get the plug. Also, a Detail view is a special case that changes the scale, but not the content, of the parent view. That's why the cross-hatching is larger in the detail view; it is driven directly by the hatching in the parent view.

Kevin
10-Marble

‌A work around for this would be to create a second general view as a partial view of the detail you want and remove the plug from that view.

Top Tags