Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I validate a workstation?

Highlighted

How do I validate a workstation?

I am looking for a way verify/validate the ability of a CAD workstation to handle large files and assemblies?

I use Pro E Creo 2.0.

What do other IT departments at different companies do? Do they have a test procedure for a computers ability?

PTC gives a certified and supported rating system but that doesn't give an indication of ability to handle large assemblies and large files.

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: How do I validate a workstation?

Unfortunately some places I have worked follow the PTC guidelines which are the lesser computers (Dells, etc).

If someone works some place where they actually build computers on-site now, I would love to hear it, but I would also be surprised. It seems like the typical IT department now a days does not spend much time digging into hardware.

Highlighted

Highlighted

OK, so I purchased a certified Dell workstation (Precision M2800) and it crashes frequently when spinning or zooming in/out. How can I track down what is causing the issue?

The graphics driver on the machine is newer than what is listed in the certified machine document. Is that the problem?

Highlighted

It could be the problem. It's easy to try a different driver.

Which CREO version and build, and which graphics card and drvier version is it?

Highlighted

Creo/Elements Pro 5.0 (M200)

AMD FirePro W4170M (FireGL V)

Driver 13.352.1002.0

Highlighted

Did you try a different driver? That's a quick thing to try first.

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.