cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to animate hose with movement of attched assemblies?

jthakor
3-Visitor

How to animate hose with movement of attched assemblies?

Hello All,

Is there any way to animate hoses along with changes/movement of assembly?

Please do needful as it is my project requirement.

Thanks,

jitu

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
jthakor
3-Visitor
(To:jthakor)

Can anyone help me to find out an alternate option if it is not possible to move parts like mechanism?

Animation of features like hoses requires regeneration which cannot be done in mechanism or animation.

Linkages can be animated, Ones where assembly constraints force components to move with other components. Springs and chains have been made to do this.

Depending on the quality you need for the animation, you might be able to link "capsule" like segments and treat the cable like a chain by linking the "capsules".

I have done this with cable tracks and I can tell you it really takes some patience to assembly these. Not to mention the CPU power required to move things like this in real time (using drag component).

Alternatively, you can have a lot of hose models in different positions for each frame. in Animation, you can turn components on and off along the timeline. In your case, you can simply swap hose displays between frames. If you get clever, you can do this fairly quickly with family tables in the hose part.

Alternatively, you can capture frame by frame and assembly this in another program like PhotoScape and make an animated GIF file.

PTC really needs to add the ability to regenerate between frames in both mechanism and animation. This is a serious flaw in what is otherwise a valuable feature. It doesn't seem to have been touched for over a decade.

It doesn't take a lot of CPU, it takes using the CPU correctly. Look at Blender and the physics engine which handles fabric of all things, as well as chains and cables. I don't know why PTC doesn't use the physics engine that Blender has; I think it can be licensed without cost.

Blender Physics Chain Animation - YouTube

Thanks for your support. But PTC need to do something for hose mechanism in piping enhancement.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:jthakor)

To do a hose properly requires a large deformation FEA solution on a composite structure. In a way it's worse than simply plastic deformation as in a hose being formed there is energy being stored in the overall shape and often there are multiple solutions to store the same energy. That's not going to happen.

Top Tags