cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to avoid re-calculating part mass properties in assy level

rprasad1
1-Newbie

How to avoid re-calculating part mass properties in assy level

In a assembly I do have repeated parts (Ex: Part1 having 3 Qty), I have done a hole on one part in assy level.

While creating BOM with mass these Part1 is sowing in 2 lines(1Qty & 2 Qty) due to difference in mass after hole addition. For me it is not correct, because part level mass don't change only ASSY mass will effect due to hole operation.

Request your help to resolve this.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Creo considers that part1 with hole and part1 without hole are different models. You have to replace mass (computed by Creo) in BOM (or repeat region) by model parameter or assigned mass properties.

MH

Martin Hanák

It is interesting because it isn't just another part, it is an altered item. And that altered item is a different item, so the BOM is working exactly as it should. To do otherwise leaves the total mass of the item not equal to the sum of the mass of the component parts.

Top Tags