cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to break reference

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine

How to break reference

In an assembly, I made a copy of surfaces, from another part. Now I want to break the dependency to the original part.

How I can do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:CAD_user)

The key is to collapse the copied surface(s) into the independent geometry feature.  Watch this video:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

I don't have the option to back up references available within the copy.

I don't have also Windchill...

TomU
23-Emerald IV

The key is to collapse the copied surface(s) into the independent geometry feature.  Watch this video:

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine

Ok. Fine.

and if i don't have the command available?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You can't pick collapse until the independent geometry feature exists first.  You also have to select both of the features together before you can pick collapse.

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine

Sorry, but I still don't found how to do it. I select the copy, but the collapse, isn't available. So how can I create the independent feature?
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Video is working now.  Watch it and see if it helps.  If for some reason you can't create an independent geometry feature, you could probably import a STEP file (of anything), delete all the stuff inside the import, and then collapse your surface into that feature.

Top Tags