cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to calculate the sheetmetal assembly's mass?

qwang-2
2-Guest

How to calculate the sheetmetal assembly's mass?

Creo can calculate the precise sheetmetal part's mass in flat pattern. But sheetmetal assembly cannot directly get the mass data based on flat pattern. who can get this done?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Qinsi...

I guess I'm not understanding what you mean... shouldn't the mass of the part's flat pattern be the same as it's mass in the bent/formed shape? Maybe I'm missing something - but punches, cuts, forms, bends, rips, etc don't change the mass because they exist in the flat pattern. If there's something like "stretch relief" or a deform area, the part doesn't get lighter after deforming. Therefore, isn't the mass of the assembly just the sum of the mass of the parts?

Or... perhaps after all these years I didn't realize the mass was affected by sheet metal forming and bending. I can see if material is being removed - but I guess I don't see what circumstance would lead to a difference in mass.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

-Brian

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BrianMartin)

It's a Creo thing (well, it's been around since rev 16 when I started on it).

Flat and form weights don't agree in Creo. It's due to the fact that the material actually stretches and thins up in real life but the creo model maintains a constant thickness.

Usually it's a very minor difference but depending on what you are doing, it may be significant.

Top Tags