cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to create a Coordinate System in Assembly mode using VB.NET in CREO-2.0

avijayan-2
12-Amethyst

How to create a Coordinate System in Assembly mode using VB.NET in CREO-2.0

Hai,

I am working on an customization project in CREO. Currently i am facing an issue to how to create few coordinate system's using the default CSYS available in the assembly mode.

When i went through the VB.API document i found few API'S which can be used to create CSYS. But as i am new to this i am not able to pass values to this API'S

I am listing those API'S here if any body has used any of these please guide me in this.

IpfcCoordSysFeat.OffsetType

EpfcDTMCSYS_OFFSET_CARTESIAN

EpfcDTMCSYS_MOVE_TRAN_X, EpfcDTMCSYS_MOVE_TRAN_Y, and

EpfcDTMCSYS_MOVE_TRAN_Z or EpfcDTMCSYS_MOVE_ROT_X, EpfcDTMCSYS_MOVE_ROT_Y, and

EpfcDTMCSYS_MOVE_ROT_Z

With Regards

Aghil.m

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomasLoun
4-Participant
(To:avijayan-2)

Hi Aghil,

this is just enumeration type. What functions have you found? VB.API does not support to create a feature, therefore you are not able to create csys using VB API. You can create feature only by UDF

Regards,

Tom

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomasLoun
4-Participant
(To:avijayan-2)

Hi Aghil,

this is just enumeration type. What functions have you found? VB.API does not support to create a feature, therefore you are not able to create csys using VB API. You can create feature only by UDF

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tomas,

My requirement is i have an excel sheet with corresponding X,Y,Z values in it. i linked this excel with VB.NET & also i have assembled a part into a new assembly sheet using VB. now i need to create Coordinate System in this assembly file with the values in excel using VB.NET is this possible.

I have seen few programs in PTC Support to create Datum points.

Top Tags