cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to create a blister around a part or assembly.

egray
1-Newbie

How to create a blister around a part or assembly.

I design packaging supports and have a product that I need to create a plastic blister tray or clamshell around. The part is from an imported STEP model. I have looked at various sources and have yet to find any process for making blister trays and clamshells with PTC. Any suggestions?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
DeanLong
10-Marble
(To:egray)

Eric,

I know you asked this awhile ago. Was wondering it you ever got your answer? Also, you asked this in the Rendering forum and it sounds more like a modeling forum question.

Dean

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:egray)

Hello Eric Gray,

got two ides on my mind:

1. Use bump and color texture with alpha channel --- need your own investigation how does it work

From rendering point of view is linear scratch the same like "round" blister.

scratch.jpg

2. Physicaly model blisters in your model --- not sure about final quality --- looks like laborious method with shady result.

Personaly prefer alternative 1 ---> bump + color texture.

Regards

Milan

Hi,

I think Eric wants to create something like this Single blisters | Ecobliss, the smart source

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags