cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to create a drawing that shows main assembly (A) but Bill Of Materials and BOM Baloons concern only to a sub-assembly(B)?

rcardi
2-Guest

How to create a drawing that shows main assembly (A) but Bill Of Materials and BOM Baloons concern only to a sub-assembly(B)?

Scenario :

Inside your big main assembly you'd like to have a sub-assembly (created inside and constrained by default) that I'd use, by activating it from main assembly, like a container for a specific type of little welded particulars all around the assembly (i.e. : welded studs, handles for cables...). I'd like to use this method because particulars contained are little, all similar ao equal, low-cost material and the supplier could apply them at the end of the production by usin a sort of map-drawing.

For this reason I'd need a drawing that shows the whole assembly but its bill of material (repeat region) have to be linked to the sub assembly to show only little components contained...and this is not a problem...but is not possible to put BOM Baloons on main assebly views.

One solution is to create a shrinkwrap of main assembly inside subassembly, I know, but it is very slow with big assemblies.

THAKS,

BR

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags