cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a nozzle removing material with variable section sweep?

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: How to create a nozzle removing material with variable section sweep?

Even if I solify a blend like this, how can I work it on reverse, meaning , remove - cut material for solid part???

Highlighted

True that this would want some optimization. Maintaining a constant cross-sectional area is critical to avoid cavitation.

I have attached a STEP file of what my end result came up with using the tangent/normal end.

Highlighted

I opened and checked your stp. Seems to be smooth enough since it lets only slight edge in the inner cavity after the removal. I will play a liitle with 4 segments of circle and tangent option and I will post my results.... tmr night i believe! waiting feedback from client , if it will be an ellipse or a circle , finally!

thanks for responding so far!

Highlighted

I haven't pushed the blend feature this far before. Thanks again for the challenge. I am certain this knowledge will be useful soon enough. Good luck with the client!

Highlighted

The "solidify" feature can either add material, or cut it away - just click the 'cut' button in the solidify dashboard.

For the blend that I created, you may first need to add end surfaces and merge them into the original blend to create a closed quilt, in order to make a solidify work reliably.

Highlighted

It can also do both at the same time. Much like the old "Tweak, Surface Replace" command.

Highlighted

Tonight is the night...I will try this as well and let you know! Thanks!

Highlighted

I am not familiar with this one!

The bad thing with Research & Development models is that given data change and change again and the designer needs to amend and redesign like a programmed robot. This of course only happens, when research is not adequate at first place.

But you propably know, that this is a client's call, not mine. I just make their "vision" in 3d and then ready for manufacture!

Wish me luck!

(I m trying to do my best as a self-tutored Pro E child!)

Highlighted

You just described the last 12 years of my life

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.