cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to exclude parts from global interference

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

How to exclude parts from global interference

Hi

I do want analyze interference in an assembly excluding two parts out of total available 1000+ parts..

Can this be done in Creo 4.0? I need to select all parts excluding two to three before going for interference check. How to achieve the same? I could not find any option to select required parts for global interference check except an option to go with only sub assembly or all parts.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Ketan_Lalcheta wrote:

Hi

I do want analyze interference in an assembly excluding two parts out of total available 1000+ parts..

Can this be done in Creo 4.0? I need to select all parts excluding two to three before going for interference check. How to achieve the same? I could not find any option to select required parts for global interference check except an option to go with only sub assembly or all parts.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

Hi,

I think you have to create simplified representation of assembly excluding two to three unwanted parts.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Ketan_Lalcheta wrote:

Hi

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

Hi,

I think you have to create simplified representation of assembly excluding two to three unwanted parts.

Martin Hanák

Okay.. this seems to be one good option...

Looking for any other option , if available, as simplified rep is something we don't want to create just for interference check.. we being into automation team, our design team does not accept to modify cad data based on rep creation by us just for interference check... Is it so that simplified rep is the only option to do this ?

I'm bet you could automate the entire process for rep creation, interference check, then rep deletion.

You can create an on-demand rep by selecting the components you don't want included and then RMB, representation, exclude. Run your check. Then re-activate the master rep and don't save the on-demand rep.

Your design team would be oblivious to the fact you are using simplified reps.

This is what I also thought but there might be a problem....

Rep is created and interference check is executed.... Now result of interface is displayed to user and on that window, user clicks to identify which parts are having interference nd same gets highlighted... This all would happen when rep is active... If user changes everything in rep , do the same would remain in master rep...?

Master Rep always includes everything, hence "Master". When a user excludes any component while in master rep, an on-demand rep is automatically created.

So in your case, after your user makes changes to the model in the on demand rep, you, via automation, (or your user) will need to reactivate the master rep so they see everything.

I don't know how to make it all happen nicely via automation, but the changes will not be lost. 

The answer by @MartinHanak is also the first workaround in this PTC Article - CS36689

Top Tags