cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to have an assembly open in simplified rep form

nlambe2
4-Participant

How to have an assembly open in simplified rep form

I made an assembly with 3 parts, one of which I placed into the assembly as a simplified rep. All is well with the assembly until I close it out and erase not displayed (after saving of course). However, when I open the assembly back up (with the 3 parts) the part that I assembled in as a simplified rep is no longer in that state and instead opens in default rather than the rep I made for it.  How can I get it to stay in simplified rep when it opens?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:nlambe2)

The only thing I can think of right off hand is you need to "save" your rep if you are adding parts to it after creating it. In the bottom left corner of the screen, it displays the active simplified rep name, if that name has a plus (+) next to it, then the rep needs to be saved in the view manager, under the simplified rep tab. The modified rep will also show a plus (+) next to the name in that dialog box to.

Creo does this so you can make "on-the-fly" temporary changes to a rep that aren't automatically saved if you save the file. It has it's pros/cons but as long as pay attention to the (+) next to the name, you will know when (or if) you need to save your rep, prior to saving your assembly.

Top Tags