cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to include quilts inside envelope creation using "Auto collect all solid surfaces" feature option?

dmontemaggi
5-Regular Member

How to include quilts inside envelope creation using "Auto collect all solid surfaces" feature option?

HI All,

I would like to use envelope in my assembly and the option "Autocollect all Solid Surfaces" gives to me a good result, because solid surfaces can be solidified.

Unfortunately in my assembly there might be also imported components not fully closed , and in these cases I miss those surfaces in envelope part.

Is there a possible way to include both (solid surface and quilts) inside envelope?

Thanks

David

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vzak
6-Contributor
(To:dmontemaggi)

No, this method only allows to collect all solid surfaces from components, it will not allow adding extra non - solid surfaces.

if you have such what you can do is to add one more Shrinkwrap feature in your Envelope of "manual Collection" type, collect all quilts from all component in assembly (Search Tool / Look In = top assembly & sublevels / Look for Quilts / All). These two complimentary shrinkwrap features will bring you all available geometry.

Regards

- Vlad

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
vzak
6-Contributor
(To:dmontemaggi)

No, this method only allows to collect all solid surfaces from components, it will not allow adding extra non - solid surfaces.

if you have such what you can do is to add one more Shrinkwrap feature in your Envelope of "manual Collection" type, collect all quilts from all component in assembly (Search Tool / Look In = top assembly & sublevels / Look for Quilts / All). These two complimentary shrinkwrap features will bring you all available geometry.

Regards

- Vlad

Top Tags