cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to make search_path work automatically when PTC is opened?

afeng
1-Newbie

How to make search_path work automatically when PTC is opened?

I have been testing out the search_path option to locate all my components of my assembly in PTC Parametric, but each time I have to consistently add my search_path again and again everytime I open and close my program. How do I make it so that the search_path of my assembly will always be active as soon as I open PTC and so that I won't have to add the same path again?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:afeng)

Alex,

You can create a search.pro and set config option search_path_file with value as search.pro (location and name).

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

there could be a few thing going on here.

quick question; when you launch creo are you using the default creo icon or have you created a unique desktop icon for that working directory?

can you describe how you are starting up your creo session more?

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Alex,

to enable Creo to set search_path options during startup, put these options into config.pro file located in Creo2_LOADPOINT\Creo 2.0\Common Files\Mnnn\text directory.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags