cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to remove model restriction from a parameter

rnelson
1-Newbie

How to remove model restriction from a parameter

I have a CREO assembly model, provided by another company.  We are attempting to bring the model to our standards, which includes entering a string description into the "DESCRIPTION" parameter field.  Unfortunately, when I try to do this, I get an error stating Invalid Value.  The parameter itself shows String as the type, and our restricted parameter file indicates it should be string, but it will not let me enter text.  Updating the restricted parameter file does not help.  Also, deleting and recreating the parameter does not help (in fact, in recreating the parameter it tries to create the parameter as a Real Number type instead of String.  If I check the Conflict Report in the Parameter dialog box, it shows there is a conflict between the model restriction and our restricted parameter file.  How can I remove the model restriction from the assembly model so that we can correctly enter the proper information??

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags