cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to select a component in Creo Parametric Simulate and show only all of the dependent Simulate features?

danderson
11-Garnet

How to select a component in Creo Parametric Simulate and show only all of the dependent Simulate features?

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have a component in a assembly where I want to find all of the Creo Simulate Contact Interfaces that reference this component.

From what I can tell, Reference viewer unable to display the Creo Simulate features that are dependent on a particular component.

Info by model doesn't show the info either nor does info simulate.

Anyone know of another way to get a list of simulate features that reference a component?

Thanks,

Don Anderson

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Steven,

Yes, if you do a info on the interface in question or edit the interface it will show you which component the interface (load, constraint, etc ) is tied to.

What I'm looking for is a one stop shop by selecting one component in an assembly and having reference viewer or component info show me all of the contacts, springs, loads, constraints, surface/volume regions, and any other simulate features that are dependent on the Component that I want to replace in the assembly so the references can be re-routed to the new component. This at worst case would allow me to create a list of all of the features that need to be re-routed to the new component.

As far as I can tell there's no way currently to see what's dependent on the component. Even selecting the component and hitting delete will not highlight in the model tree what simulate features will also be deleted or suppressed when the component is removed from the assembly. By the way, one can't delete a component while in simulate mode in Creo Parametric and when your in non simulate mode and you try to delete a component you can't see what simulate features will be deleted when you delete a component. If you do this other components will also be suppressed or deleted so deleting or suppressing in assembly mode is of no value.

Think of replacing one component that has 50 to 100 contact interfaces plus simulate fasteners referencing the component in a large assembly.

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks,

Don Anderson

Top Tags