cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to specify rotation direction in cylinder joint

nsrivastava
6-Contributor

How to specify rotation direction in cylinder joint

Screenshot_20200628-144521_YouTube.jpgAs soon as we apply I cylinder joint in assembly a rotation  direction is is start showing. How can we specify the direction like clockwise and anticlockwise or change the default rotation direction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think I understand what you're asking...

When the angle is not in the clockwise/counterclockwise direction I want, I just enter a negative value for the angle, and it changes the "default" direction. I believe the initial angle is oriented with respect to the normal vector of the geometry being used to define it.

Hopefully your situation is as simple as I'm assuming.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think I understand what you're asking...

When the angle is not in the clockwise/counterclockwise direction I want, I just enter a negative value for the angle, and it changes the "default" direction. I believe the initial angle is oriented with respect to the normal vector of the geometry being used to define it.

Hopefully your situation is as simple as I'm assuming.

nsrivastava
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

Thanks a lot for the reply. I was doing the same in my assembly but for some reason, it was not working. Then I again set up the assembly and my problem solved.  With your reply, I understood that I was doing the correct thing and arranged the assembly again and problem solved. 

I will share some work here later. Well, thanks a lot again for the reply.

Here is the video where I was trying to create a bolt and nut animation. And nut was rotating in the wrong direction.  After filling the angle with the negative value the problem solved.

Top Tags