cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Hydraulic Hoses

swhyte
1-Newbie

Hydraulic Hoses

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me a bit with modelling hydraulic pipes on Creo1,I don't seem to be able to activate the follow command to make the pipe follow an axis through a hose clamp. Other thing I seem to have forgotten to do is how to define the length of a segment to allow for an assembly which is moving.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can point me in the right direction.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
KrisR
1-Newbie
(To:swhyte)

[cid:image003.jpg@01CD3359.75AD25C0]

What we do is specify three points in all our fittings: one for where the hose will touch inside the fitting, one on the outer edge of the fitting, and one point horizontal from that that is 1.5X the hose diameter.

Once you have two fittings in an assembly, create a new part within the assembly and activate it. Choose the Piping command and click on the 6 points located on your two fittings. Choose the "Spline" option from Menu Manager and your hose will be created.

As far as specifying a length, I've never done that, but this hose will move if you change the place of the fittings (or what they attach to) because it is a spline. Once you regen after a move, the spline adjusts.
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:swhyte)

In Reply to Stephen Whyte:

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me a bit with modelling hydraulic pipes on Creo1,I don't seem to be able to activate the follow command to make the pipe follow an axis through a hose clamp. Other thing I seem to have forgotten to do is how to define the length of a segment to allow for an assembly which is moving.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Top Tags