cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

I am seeing odd pop up browsers with Creo 3.0 M130 install with a connected session of PDMLink. Is anyone else seeing such odd behavior?

RonGrabau
7-Bedrock

I am seeing odd pop up browsers with Creo 3.0 M130 install with a connected session of PDMLink. Is anyone else seeing such odd behavior?

After installing Creo 3.0 M130 and connecting to our PDMLink server I started seeing odd pop up browsers when I change, activate or any other workspace activity.  I contacted PTC and they told me to clear up my local cache.  I did this for IE, Java and PDMLink. The problem seemed to go away (Local PDMLink cache was the trick) but after a week of work, the problem came back.  I can remove my PDMLink local cache but I am afraid to release this to the general user base since I don't have a good idea what is causing this "corruption".

I am hoping that someone else has seen this issue and has a trick they can share.

Here are the details

Creo 3.0 M130  (does not happen on earlier versions)

PDMLink 10.3 M030

IE 11  (I have set windows_browser_type to chromium_browser with no luck)

Java 8

Tested both Windows 7 and 10

I really want Creo 3.0 M130 since there is a specific bug fix for me concerning UDF creation with sheet metal parts.  I have no plans right now to upgrade to Creo 4.0.

Any suggestions?  Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:RonGrabau)

We too found issues with Creo 3.0 M130 that are preventing us from putting in into production.  For now we have chosen to stay at M120.  One suggestion, try setting the embedded browser to run in its own window. (web_browser_in_separate_window)  It might help.

Top Tags