cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

I drafted an assembly but when i chose the ballons by component its actually asking me to pick a region and when i do, there is a messege at the bottom telling that the region has already been in ballon region.please helpe solve this

syemineni
1-Newbie

I drafted an assembly but when i chose the ballons by component its actually asking me to pick a region and when i do, there is a messege at the bottom telling that the region has already been in ballon region.please helpe solve this

11 REPLIES 11
SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:syemineni)

could you confirm that the item you would like to balloon is showing up in the region?

Yes

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

you may have already done this but..

is it just one part or is this happening to all the parts?

also I'm guessing you have two repeat regions in the drawing. is that true?

check to make sure the part that you want to balloon has the required parameter that corresponds to the  bom balloon parameter in the table properties.

Its happening to all the parts also can you please eloberate how I can view the balloon parameters in the  table properties please

I do have another problem when I take an assembly from windchill and I replace a a specific part which needed to be replaced every time , I am facing a problem like the part name is only been replaced not the part and also in order to get the part to be replaced I need to go to a lot of process like removing the part from the workspace and again adding it and updating all the workspace and all which is killing my time . Can you help me solve this?

If you want to replace part in the assembly. Open the assembly, right click and replace. Select the part which wanted to be replaced and if there are any constraint error. Correct it.  This is the normal procedure. But if you are looking for something else , explain it briefly.

What need to be done and what procedure you are following now.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

Select the table > right click and select properties then select the tab "bom Balloons"

The 'region' you need to select is the table you want to add the balloons to/from.

Just make a try like this.

Make sure you have set model to the assembly that you have in the view.

(Sometimes multiple assembly or assembly with family tables can cause confusion in a drawing BOM.)

And select that table . CUT (Ctrl+x) and paste (Ctrl+v), Then try to place the balloons by view. 

Hope this helps.

Actually  I take a standard assembly . I save a copy with a required name and then I close the generic model and work on the copy .The procedure I follow is what u said but I sometime don't get the result . I can't figure it out .Help me solve it

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

If that line item has been ballooned already then Creo wont let you create another one. if you want to create another one I would suggest creating a reference balloon, or what I do, I find the session ID of the item that I want ballooned, then I create a balloon note and enter the &parameter:sessionID.
If this is not what you are looking to do let us know and we will help you find a solution.

Top Tags