cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

IFX cannot find ANSI fastener prt file

gchen-2
7-Bedrock

IFX cannot find ANSI fastener prt file

i have both creo 6.0 and 5.0(EDU) installed, when i insert mm/DIN fastener it seems to be fine, but if i choose ANSI bolt like 6-32 Socket, it will say csdd.prt not found. i did navigate this file, it's not in  ifx_fastener_data forder  but in prolibrary. i want to know how to add path of prolibrary with  ANSI standard to IFX, or how do i merge  all prt files from prolibrary to ifx_fastener_data folder. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

if your problem is related to Creo Parametric 6.0, then I can tell you that there is a bug in $CREO_COMMON_FILES\ifx\parts\prolibrary\search.pro file.

Attached you will find original and corrected file.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:gchen-2)

You cannot merge existing parts into IFX.

To modify the IFX files requires the purchased full license.

The IFX lite distributed for free with Creo 3+ does not allow editing the files.

Hi Ben,
I'm not sure if I have IFX full license, but I remember when I was on 3.0 I have no problem with ANSI library. I don't really believe how could DIN standard is requirednfor purchasing while DIN standard is free to use. Not trying to edit file, just trying to get ANSI-English parts working correctly. I'm pretty sure I didn't edit IFX in 3.0 and ANSI just worked fine as DIN.
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:gchen-2)

Look in your license file for this line:

# Optional Modules = Intelligent Fastener Extension

If you have that, you have the full version, I think.

I do not have it in my SE perpetual package file, but that is in the subscription Design Advanced file.

Hi Ben, 

Sorry for late reply, i just checked, didnt find that line, but it worked somehow. im not the guy purchasing license so idk how the hell the  Flexnet thing works here.

Hi,

if your problem is related to Creo Parametric 6.0, then I can tell you that there is a bug in $CREO_COMMON_FILES\ifx\parts\prolibrary\search.pro file.

Attached you will find original and corrected file.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,
Thanks for helping me! I'm going to try these today. I talked to my friend who is on 5.0, he said he got exactly same problem. Does that indicates 5.0 got same problem? I skipped the 5.0 and just moved to 6 due to another critical bug in 4.0

@gchen-2 wrote:
Hi Martin,
Thanks for helping me! I'm going to try these today. I talked to my friend who is on 5.0, he said he got exactly same problem. Does that indicates 5.0 got same problem? I skipped the 5.0 and just moved to 6 due to another critical bug in 4.0

Hi,

in Creo 6.0.1.0 with wrong search.pro file I get error message

Model 'E:\PTC\Creo6_010\Creo 6.0.1.0\Common Files\ifx\parts\ifx_fastener_data\csdd.PRT' not found.

when assembling

zzz.png

In Creo 5.0.4.0 I can place the same screw successfully.

Martin Hanák

i can now see there's definetely sth wrong in either 6.0.1 search.pro file, it point everything to old 5.0 file structure. Im wondering whether i should manually merge new IFX folder to old style (under AFX folder along with factory parts&structure   library) or replace .pro, is Creo in the future plans to  have IFX separate and  make AFX library much easier to access and manage IFX as part of standard core file instead of user-defined library?

If not, can i merge folders so that i could avoid future upgrade file corruption?

also could you screenshot the fixed search.pro  first couple lines? I think my system doesn't really take that character encode. Are they just for comment? 

Thank you so much!

Hi,

repaired search.pro is attached to my reply from 2019-08-13 03:50 PM.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I am having the same issue with ANSi-English hardware in Creo 6.0.4.0.

I replaced my search.pro file with the one you supplied earlier and still have issue with ANSI-English hardware.

All of the other seems to work just fine hardware works. 

Top Tags