cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

IFX fails to look in Windchill for certain migrated parts (while other identical parts work)

Spencer_Brock
10-Marble

IFX fails to look in Windchill for certain migrated parts (while other identical parts work)

Has anyone experienced IFX not finding (or looking) in windchill for certain parts, while others work fine?

I have a large amount of library components (mostly family tables) from Windchill that I have added to IFX. The options are configured for WC properly and everything has been working well. It has recently come to my attention that 2 random washers (which I believe worked at some point in the past) no longer are able to find the associated models in windchill.

For whatever reason, IFX tries to find <name of .dat file>.prt inside my ifx_fastener_data folder for these 2 washers. I can't make any sense out of it because the .dat files are configured identically to other washers in my library that do work with IFX. When I switch out the FAMPRT line with the name of a different washer (that has the same family table columns), it works...which tells me that my .dat file is set up properly.

Somehow there is a bug with these two parts that prevents IFX from identifying them in Windchill.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I think I have found the Problem.

You map the parameter PART_STOCK_SIZE to the DN value.

As the parameter PART_STOCK_SIZE is a string parameter, IFX realy compare the STRING value and not the value of DN.

So ".25" is not the same as "0.25"

Even "0.250" is not the same as "0.25".

If you want to use a STRING parameter to map to DN, then you have to add a "0" in front of your number and remove all following "0".

I recommend to use a real number parameter to map to DN.

I have attached the modified washers.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

have you tried to add the file name into the file open dialog in Creo?

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Yes, they open up without any errors or warnings when I use File Open. I can't make any sense of it. I have attached a zip file with the 2 family tables and their corresponding .dat files. Thanks for any help you can provide

Can you please send me the trail.txt too.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Another wierd detail:

If I launch IFX and select one of the broken washers, nothing appears in the preview and I am unable to press OK in the IFX dialogue. If I select a working washer, then select one of the broken washers, IFX will simply use the previously selected washer for the preview and place that washer in the model when I press ok (even though the broken washer is showing). I'm not sure how much info the trail file gives you, but I went through those steps for you to see.

Which Creo and IFX version you are working with?

Which Windchill version?

I will try to reproduce this on my end.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi,

I think I have found the Problem.

You map the parameter PART_STOCK_SIZE to the DN value.

As the parameter PART_STOCK_SIZE is a string parameter, IFX realy compare the STRING value and not the value of DN.

So ".25" is not the same as "0.25"

Even "0.250" is not the same as "0.25".

If you want to use a STRING parameter to map to DN, then you have to add a "0" in front of your number and remove all following "0".

I recommend to use a real number parameter to map to DN.

I have attached the modified washers.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Windchill 11 and Creo 3 M110. IFX release 3.0 M111

Note: the same error happened when I was using WC 10 also

Thanks!

I attached some washers in my last reply.

Is the problem solved with this washers?

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

I completely missed that post last time around. That Worked! 

I had about 5 other washers that also were using part stock size that probably didn't work for certain sizes and I wouldn't have realized it. I created a BASIC_DIA (real number) param and that fixed it.

Thanks!

Top Tags