cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Importing part file in skeleton based assembly.

Shaikh_Naushad
7-Bedrock

Importing part file in skeleton based assembly.

Can I import a pre-designed part file in a Creo Assembly and constraint it with a skeleton? If yes, then how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Shaikh_Naushad wrote:

Can I import a pre-designed part file in a Creo Assembly and constraint it with a skeleton? If yes, then how?

Any existing Creo part can be added to a skeleton driven assy just as you would to any assy. You can use skeleton geometry to constrain the location of the part.

If you want to make this existing part's geometry driven by your new skeleton, that's possible but you'll have to insert a copy geometry feature in the part at the top of the tree and then do a lot of redefining of features to make them dependent on that copy geometry.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Shaikh_Naushad wrote:

Any existing Creo part can be added to a skeleton driven assy just as you would to any assy. You can use skeleton geometry to constrain the location of the part.

If you want to make this existing part's geometry driven by your new skeleton, that's possible but you'll have to insert a copy geometry feature in the part at the top of the tree and then do a lot of redefining of features to make them dependent on that copy geometry.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags