cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

In a CAD associated BOM structure, how to turn off components from showing in the wtpart BOM?

bradlawrence
9-Granite

In a CAD associated BOM structure, how to turn off components from showing in the wtpart BOM?

I want to see all creo components in the Creo CAD assembly model in which the Creo CAD assembly and children components are wtpart associated.  But I only want to see some components in the associated wtpart bom structure. 

I know I can suppress the components in the in the creo cad assembly or change the association of the component from owner to content.  But those are not options for me, just wondering if there was any other alternative way so the bom will not show certain components?

1 REPLY 1

Suppressing the components, as you note, is a bad idea. In Windchill you should be able to achieve what you want with either a Filter or a Structure View that excludes components based off name, a parameter/attribute, storage location (i.e., in a library or not), or some other method. 

Dave

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
Top Tags