cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Indented BOM in Drawing

NaveenKumarGong
1-Newbie

Indented BOM in Drawing

Hello Everyone,

I am unable to create indented BOM in same as like Solidworks drawing (I have attached a Image). Please anyone suggest me, how can I get over this problem.

I am able to place indented (Sub-Assembly parts) in BOM but its getting continuous Index numbering 1, 2, 3....

I need Index numbers as follows

3.2 ...

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen Kumar Gongu

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

and also please let me know how to break long BOM into 2 columns to place different locations in Drawing.

I got solution for "How to break long BOM" by using "Table Paginate" option...

Hello Naveen,

I don't believe we have this kind of compound index.

Of course you could assign a string parameter to each component, that contains this index, then show this parameter in the BOM. But this is not the same as having an automatically created index.

Maybe someone has an idea about how this could be customized with a little more flexibility/automatism?

Gunter

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:gkoch)

Will adding a string parameter to each component work?

What if a component appears in more than one level in the assembly?

It also requires modifying component files to add the parameters; What about Released items?

What if the component is used on more than one drawing?

I would save the expanded model tree as a text file and process it in Excel and manage it there.

It's an odd way to build a BOM; single item may have multiple index numbers.

Never tried, but I think with the parameter &rpt.level it's possible.

You might propably not need to create parameters on part level. Yeah, well, you still should use SORT parameter in each part, or something like that, to sort the BOM the way you need.

Apart from that, it seems like it could all be done with just repeat region relations.

Also when working with multi-level BOM don't forget about setting the repeat region atributes to "No Dup/Level".

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:James62)

No, definitely you should not use model parameters, but component parameters (i.e. parameters of the component feature in the assembly). Of course this will also require saving subassemblies, but it enables different index for multiple instances of the same model (in same or different subassemblies).

Still wonder, whether it is worth the efforts...

Thanks to all for replies.

I think manual table is better for intended BOM in Pro-E .

Regards,

Naveen Kumar Gongu.

Top Tags