cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Interchange Assembly Management with Windchill PDMLink

inancakgul7
1-Newbie

Interchange Assembly Management with Windchill PDMLink

Hello dear members,

I am using interchange assemblies with Pro/Program to create configurable assemblies.

I have an start assembly which contains roughly 30 parts. What I do, create diffrent configuration on the assembly using interchange assembly with Pro/Program functionalitiy.

And I have 30 diffrent interchange assembly for each parts of this start assembly. I just replace each component froma spesific interchange assembly.The problem is once you use a interchange component in the start assembly, the interchange assembly are used as reference by the start assembly which causes a huge referens problem.

After you create your own configuration and then check-in them commonspace then if you try to downloadand check-out this assembly toyour workspace, all interchange assemblies referenced (which is a carzy big) comes along with.

This is a big obstacle I have and dont know how to deal with it. Thank you in advance for your advices.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags