cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Interference check in assemblies

RahulPooloth
1-Newbie

Interference check in assemblies

Hi all,

Facing some constrains with interference anlysis in Pro-E. We are basically into Vehicle designers in large assemblies. Our team will be working on different parts and assemblies to get it done. But the final interference analysis is taking a hell of time of our time utilisation.

Problem: To check the interference analysis with a single part (current working part) and the adjascet parts (not all major sub-assemblies)

We cant make master rep by selecting/finding out the parts which are surrounded by the current working part.

Solution: Looking for a tool/Macro to analys this issue in very simple way to get it done...!!!

Any advanced interference check tool within Pro-E 4.0..?

Any window selection method to make a represenation of the surrounded parts...?

Attachment: In the attached picture, suppose the cross marked parts refers the current working part. How can i check the interference with other parts (this is a big assembly, here this might be very easy).

Thanks in advance...:-)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

click on drop down arrow beside global interference and select pairs clearance. select the intersected parts one by one, remeber change the filter at bottom to parts. this should show you the clearance between selected parts. You may select the parts from model tree.

Regards,

Jayanta Sarkar

vzak
6-Contributor
(To:RahulPooloth)

" We cant make master rep by selecting/finding out the parts which are surrounded by the current working part."

You mean you can not make relevant subset by simprep (like by rule, sphere center in your part of interest ? Can you explain why ? Today making relevant subset by simpre then running global interference is a most straight fwd way ...

Regards

- Vlad

Vladmir, am not telling that we cant do.....sorry, if you figured that from my sentence....we are in automobile field, so we dont know how many parts (small/big) are coming in contact with my working part. Some parts will be placed behind the other etc etc....

But i think the only way to check the interfnce analysis is to do a simple rep....:-)

vzak
6-Contributor
(To:RahulPooloth)

I get your point Rahul. If you do not know which parts exactly can interfere, then build the simprep by a parametric rule (distance) which will take care if it automatically

- create new simplified representation with default set to Exclude\

- go to Edit Rules / New / Action - Master ; Condition RMB New . When search tool opens, go to Geometry tab / select Distance / Less Than / define reasonable sphere that includes the whole component with some margines. You are all set to recieve all relevant parts in this simprep.

Regards

- Vlad

Top Tags