cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Internal Volume

npatil-2
1-Newbie

Internal Volume

Hi,

I am working on a gas-line assembly. It is an assembly of many pipes and fittings of different dimensions. I need a way to find the inner volume and also the inner volume value should automatically update if a pipe length is changed. Please suggest any methods* that you are aware of.

Software version : Creo 2.0

I have attached a small part of the assembly. Please do notice the change in diameter between the pipe and fitting.

*I do not have access to 'Flexible modelling' features.

Thank you

Naveen

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Thanks Steven. I can follow that method if i have an assembly with fewer number of parts. But currently im working on an assembly that has 75 parts. The sweep is pretty tedious for 75 parts.

Is there any way where in we can use the inner surfaces directly from the assembly?

So that I can merge and solidify to get volume.

Top Tags