cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Is it possible to convert a Creo Assembly file into a file type usable for ROBOTC Virtual Worlds?

ptc-5248392
1-Newbie

Is it possible to convert a Creo Assembly file into a file type usable for ROBOTC Virtual Worlds?

I'm trying to use the Creo Assembly of my teams FTC robot in ROBOTC Virtual Worlds but I can't seem to figure out how. Do any of you guys know of a way to do that?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Virtual worlds use to use VRML language which is a faceted .WRL file. Not sure what you have for applications that use the files, but this is where I'd start.

The following link suggests that objects in the arena can be imported based on .stl file format. They mention SW and Inventor by name, but Creo can export .stl files as well.

www robotc net/blog/2013/02/26/announcing-the-rvw-level-builder-2-0-with-the-new-model-importer/

I think RobotC VW is limited to pre-defined robots that ship with it. It's a huge undertaking to build a physics simulation module - essentially a dynamics analysis model with real-time feedback. It's even harder to make an interface that allows arbitrary models from an easy interface.

Top Tags