cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is there a way to exclude partial areas of individual parts in an assembly section whilst maintaining the full section on the remaining areas and on all other parts

jo'sullivan
1-Newbie

Is there a way to exclude partial areas of individual parts in an assembly section whilst maintaining the full section on the remaining areas and on all other parts

All,

Is there a way to exclude partial areas of individual parts in an assembly section whilst maintaining the full section on the remaining areas and on all other parts?

The control of these Part Partial Sections would preferably be by a Datum.

Obviously am fully aware of the Partial Section command however this does no offer my requirements.

I have created a simplified example below:

Creo Cross-section.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
tgriffin
4-Participant
(To:jo'sullivan)

When creating a cross section within an assembly, in the "Models" flyout you can choose what components will be included or excluded from the cross section, then you can include multiple cross sections within the drawing view.

Many thanks for taking the time to answer.

The 'Include/Exclude' function does not allow the control of a 'Partial' section for an individual part in full section assembly!

Below is an image I created using extrudes to represent what I am trying to achieve.

The RED shows the desired areas for the section and would be visible in the drawing.

Full and partial Cross-section.jpg

tgriffin
4-Participant

For the above example use an offset cross section and a planar cross section and set what components to use within each in the models flyout.

I tried this but displaying both Sections in the Drawing proved not possible!

tgriffin
4-Participant

You have to display one as a full view and one as a local view (you can only display one cross section with a full view in a single drawing view).

This combination of two Sections cannot display the desired Full/Partial Part Section I require, unless I am doing something wrong!

tgriffin
4-Participant

Because the boundaries of multiple sections cannot overlap, and you have to use a spline for the local view, it can take some tinkering to get it to look good.

I essentially want the drawing to show the cross-section excluding the area of Part B within the RED boundarycross-section.JPG

mender
6-Contributor

You can kind of do it with a local xsec, tracing very carefully between the parts, in the example shown.  Might not be possible in a more complex case.  A bit better would be a full (xsec A) and local (xsec A2, which is the same datum as A, but excluding the one part) with the local border running up the middle and enclosing the left side of the view.  A thoroughly strange approach would be a pair of half views, aligned (view properties>origin tab), with the two xsecs noted.

I would be interested in knowing if this case shows up in any standard.

Top Tags