cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Is there any fix for the display driver crash under Creo3.0 with AMD ATI drivers and Win7 ? Seems to be not worth to upgrade to a commercial version if the bug remains.

rha
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Is there any fix for the display driver crash under Creo3.0 with AMD ATI drivers and Win7 ? Seems to be not worth to upgrade to a commercial version if the bug remains.

I have persistent problems with Creo3.0 under Win7 32 bit with AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 (Lenovo Thinkpad T400, Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 3GB RAM, 500 GB Samsung Evo 850)

Editing the dimensions of a sketch in some unspeified cases the display is frozen and the screen becomes black for a second. Aftwer that a popup window with "..AMD display driver display has stopped working..." appears.

Is there any idea how to solve this problem.

I think under this circumstances it´s might be not worth to pay for a full licence of Creo3.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rha)

Have you tried updating your video card drivers? That would be my first thing to try.

rha
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:StephenW)

Hi, yes I did so, employing the autodetection tool from AMD. It says that there is the most recent version of the driver installed.

I also tried to set the openGL settings in the config file to "no" but this did not help.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

So you added the config option:

graphics win32_gdi

RogerCrill
1-Newbie

If the latest drivers don't do it, I don't think you will get there with the hardware you have. The graphics card is only rated for OpenGL 2.0 and Creo 3 recommends 4.0.

rha
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:RogerCrill)

If one takes the older Lenovo M70 workstation it works with standard graphics - w/o openGL 4.0 , why???

rha
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Sorry for spelling errors - should read:

After that a popup window with "..AMD display driver display has stopped working..." appears.

Is there any idea how to solve this problem.

I think under this circumstances it might not be worth to pay for a full licence of Creo3.0.

dnordin
15-Moonstone

Since your graphics card doesn't support the newer OpenGL features, try turning off some of the advanced graphics features via the following config.pro options:

enable_opengl_fbo no

enable_opengl_vbo no

enable_opengl_shader no

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags