cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Issues with ball connection in Creo 2 simulate app

dviberg
1-Newbie

Issues with ball connection in Creo 2 simulate app

Hello

I have a question regarding the simulate application in creo 2.

I'm trying to do a FEM simulation on a car frame using curves and beam feature found in Simulate app>Refined model>Beam. But im having issues figuring out how to create movable a-arms (arms that hold the wheels) in the simulation.
I've tried using an ordinary assembly but when running the simulation the pipes are fixed everywhere, there is no turning happening in places i want it to.

Se images below:

Capture1.PNG

Above is in the assembly, all the red dots represent ball conections and the blue arrow is me moving the upright, se next image.

Capture2.PNG

Above result is that the suspension moves up, as expected.

But in the simulation below, its fixed (note the red dot areas):

(Oragne color represents a load)

Capture3.PNG

Also,

Is it possible to calculate the mass when using the beam feature?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Daniel

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniel, använd "Beam Release" på balkens ändpunkter för att ange vilka frihetsgrader som skall/inte skall föra över kraft/moment.

Massegenskaper hos balkelement beräknas utifrån det angivna balktvärsnittets geometri. Massa=längd*tvärsnittsarea*densitet.

/Mats L/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Daniel, använd "Beam Release" på balkens ändpunkter för att ange vilka frihetsgrader som skall/inte skall föra över kraft/moment.

Massegenskaper hos balkelement beräknas utifrån det angivna balktvärsnittets geometri. Massa=längd*tvärsnittsarea*densitet.

/Mats L/

Fint, tackar för hjälpen!

Top Tags