cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

List Digest, Jan 05, 2013

kkrahmer
2-Guest

List Digest, Jan 05, 2013

Justin,
I have used Flexible Components with success, now that they have been fixed (for drawing mode) in WF5. Piece parts have the correct diameters for interference fits, but when put in the assembly, I usually make the hole diameters match the pin diameters. Since flexible components only change in the assembly in which they are flexed, the piece parts remain correct for their drawings, but interferences go away.

HTH,

Karl Krahmer
Mechanisms and Structural Systems
ESC - Team QNA
Kennedy Space Center, Florida 32899
Mail code ESC-643
OSB II, Cube 2113S1
2 REPLIES 2

That's an interesting idea Karl. We're on WF3 (I'm pushing for a Creo upgrade but I'm not holding my breath) but I'm going to have to give the flexible component idea a try.

Thanks!

Justin
rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine
(To:kkrahmer)

Just remember that like everything else there are pluses and minuses. Flexible components will be regenerated every time you regenerate the assembly. I'm not saying don't use them, just be aware if you are working in large assemblies.

Rob Reifsnyder
Mechanical Design Engineer/ Producibility Engineer / Components Engineer / Pro/E SME / Pro/E Librarian
[LM_Logo_Tag_RGB_NoR_r06]
Top Tags