cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Loading time parts with component interface

dbreen
1-Newbie

Loading time parts with component interface

Hello everybody,

We're using parts and assemblies with defined component interface. However when loading these parts or assemblies into another assembly it takes a decent amount of time before the part / assembly is loaded and can be placed. We're not experiencing this with components which do not have a defined component interface.

The computers we're using have the following specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz

8.00 Gb RAM

Are there more people who are experiencing these problems? And what can be done to reduce the loading time of parts with defined component interface?

Dave

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Dave,

Have you monitored memory usage for those having issues? I would be curious how much free ram is available during the period of loading the assemblies.

Don

Hi,

I only guess that Creo is collecting possible assembling alternatives ...

I suggest to experiment with config.pro options, for example:

COMP_ASSEMBLE_WITH_INTERFACE

values:

INTERFACE_TO_INTERFACE

DEFAULT_MULTI

DEFAULT_SINGLE

FROM_LIST

NONE

COMP_INTERFACE_PLACEMENT

values:

INTERFACE_TO_INTERFACE

INTERFACE_TO_GEOM

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Thanks for yor reply! I wasn't aware of the possibilty to change these setting in the config.pro.

I've change the COMP_INTERFACE_PLACEMENT to INTERFACE_TO_GEOM.

I'll have to do some assembling in order to check if changing this setting solves the problem. Will give an update if i've tried it.

Thanks,

Dave

ali
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:dbreen)

i tried all combinations of COMP_ASSEMBLE_WITH_INTERFACE and COMP_INTERFACE_PLACEMENT.

I did not detect any improvement on loading time...

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ali)

When using automatic component placement on large assemblies it can take a significant amount of time for the system to find potential assembly placements. This only improves time to assemble components, it doesn't improve overall assembly loading time.

I suggest turning off the automatic place option

comp_assemble_with_interface NONE

Top Tags