cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Lock version of parts in an assembly

bbroholm
1-Newbie

Lock version of parts in an assembly

When making an assembly from multiple parts, is it then possible to lock the current version of the part to this specific assembly?

When making an assembly for the workshop, for test purposes, it would be nice to have the ability to control which version of the parts are used in the assembly. The parts continues to be revised, but the assembly are needed to be kept "as is", e.g. the part are not allowed to be updated.

Does any one have any ideas on this?

Thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:bbroholm)

Hello

"making an assembly for the workshop for test purposes" , you mean, building a prototype of specific part versions and track it for may be testing results , etc ... ?

And "parts" do you mean CAD part and assemblies or WTpart with BOM ?

If you are only using CAD Parts. you can use a Baseline, to put specific version (and replace specific version if needed). In Workspace , you can then set this baseline as CAD Part configpsec (in Workspace configuration menu)

After that, the column "out of date workspace configuration" will respect this filter. And the update action also ! So it will not get the latest versions of the parts. But the one in the baseline.

Unfortunately, in 10. The UI to set the ConfigSpec in a Worksapce have not been updated to be able to use New Filter criteria. So impossible to use promotion Request or Combined Filters.

Idem for the "part centric" mode .... to be able to get CAD parts , related to a specific Configuration of WTPart BOM (regarding effectivities, etc ....). Not yet updated in 10

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite

Hello

"making an assembly for the workshop for test purposes" , you mean, building a prototype of specific part versions and track it for may be testing results , etc ... ?

And "parts" do you mean CAD part and assemblies or WTpart with BOM ?

If you are only using CAD Parts. you can use a Baseline, to put specific version (and replace specific version if needed). In Workspace , you can then set this baseline as CAD Part configpsec (in Workspace configuration menu)

After that, the column "out of date workspace configuration" will respect this filter. And the update action also ! So it will not get the latest versions of the parts. But the one in the baseline.

Unfortunately, in 10. The UI to set the ConfigSpec in a Worksapce have not been updated to be able to use New Filter criteria. So impossible to use promotion Request or Combined Filters.

Idem for the "part centric" mode .... to be able to get CAD parts , related to a specific Configuration of WTPart BOM (regarding effectivities, etc ....). Not yet updated in 10

Hi Gregory Perasso

Thank you for your response

You are right in both of your assumptions: the assembly is a prototype for testing and by parts I mean CAD parts.

I am sorry for not being 100 % clear in my question.

I was aware that there is such a thing as a baseline, but I don't know how to make one... I guess that will be the project of the day...

Thank you for the help

Sincerly

Brian Broholm

Brian,

just one simple question ... do you use Windchill to manage your Creo data ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin Hanak

Yes, we use Windchill 10.1

Sincerly

Brian Broholm

gkoch
1-Newbie

Hello Brian,

have you been able to follow the suggestion from Gregory?

It looks like the Correct Answer to me, but you have not yet marked it as such, so I wonder whether you have been able to test it yet.

bbroholm
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

Hello Gunter

I've tried to create a baseline and use it in the way described by mr. Gregory Perasso but with no luck.

It seems that the assembly, for which the baseline was made, will not recognize the baseline as such.

I've been out of office for a while, but are now back at the task of getting this figured out.

Thank you for following up on the subject

Sincerly

Brian Broholm

Thank y'all very much for your help on this subject!

I can only agree that it was indeed the right answer mr. Gregory Perasso suggested.

It has taken me a little while to get this figured out, but the outcome is well worth the time spend.

I really do appreciate the time spend to help me out

Sincerly

Brian Broholm

Top Tags