cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Lost sketch in assembly

imorgan2019
5-Regular Member

Lost sketch in assembly

Hello All.

I'm new to creo parametric and have found a small problem with the assembly I'm working on.

I've added a sketch to an exisiting assembly to use as a reference in a drawing for the path of a moving part. The issue I'm having is that I can't see the sketch in the assembly file to edit it after it's been created, however it is showing up in the drawing so it does exist in the file somewhere.

I'd also like to hide the sketch in certain drawing views which I haven't been able to do. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your sketches are not "lost" in the assembly, they are just not listed in the model tree by default. To show them you need to click on the little "hammer and screwdriver" icon at top right of the model tree, then select "Tree Filters". Click to put a check mark in the "Features", hit OK, and all your sketches (and planes, axes, coordinate systems, etc.) will show up in the tree.

A somewhat strange default, I think. There's apparently a "mdl_tree_cfg_file" parameter in the config.pro file that can set the defaults, but I've not looked into it. Maybe I should.

Also, my assumption is that you are on Creo, hopefully the interface for you is the same as for me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Your sketches are not "lost" in the assembly, they are just not listed in the model tree by default. To show them you need to click on the little "hammer and screwdriver" icon at top right of the model tree, then select "Tree Filters". Click to put a check mark in the "Features", hit OK, and all your sketches (and planes, axes, coordinate systems, etc.) will show up in the tree.

A somewhat strange default, I think. There's apparently a "mdl_tree_cfg_file" parameter in the config.pro file that can set the defaults, but I've not looked into it. Maybe I should.

Also, my assumption is that you are on Creo, hopefully the interface for you is the same as for me.

imorgan2019
5-Regular Member
(To:KenFarley)

Thanks Ken, worked a treat.

Top Tags