cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

MDO help

avi_sharma
6-Contributor

MDO help

I need to calculate torque/force acting on the outer friction disc.

The inner friction disc rotates alongwith the shaft and the outer friction disc only rotates when it comes in contact with the inner disc. (Basic principle of clutch)

I'm not sure how to constrain the outer disc in such a way that it rotates due to friction and not as a part of the rest of the assembly.

Also, is it possible to calculate heat generated due to friction??

Please help!!

ptc.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Regarding the constrains, one posibility is to work with relative speed instead of absolut ones. Consider that when the relative speed between the discs are zero, both become synchronized.

The heat generated may be calculated by the energy generated

E=[I1 I2 (w1 - w2) ^2] / 2* (I1 +I2)

A very good reference is "Mechanical Engineering Design", Shigley & Budynas

Hope it was usefull

Top Tags