cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Major Problem with Cross Sections

mbrehmer
6-Contributor

Major Problem with Cross Sections

Creo 2.0 M010 with Windchill 10.0 M030

Regeneration when the model is in a cross section almost always makes Creo crash. This is a huge headache. Anyone know why it does this? Anyone else have this problem?

We make complex small assemblies and when modeling we need to see inside the parts. This makes it a huge pain in the ass when we need to remember to get out of the cross section - edit the part - regenerate - reactivate the cross section - repeat. And if we don't save and regen in the cross section we get to redo whatever we did... Huge problem... Any help is appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
mbrehmer
6-Contributor
(To:mbrehmer)

Update: Seems to only occur when the assembly has a flexible part.

The similar problem is happening with me, I do not have flexible parts however I have piping and vry complex huge power plant assmebly. I do not have crash problem but it regenrates all the features of all parts. I have done with ram 4 gb i3 processor its takes nearly 1 1/2 hrs then I have checked with i5 processor it takes 35 minutes, now we are looking to buy proe certified work stations with i7 processeror.

I am using a Dell Precision 6600M with an i7. This is an approved workstation.

I recommend upgrading the CPU speed whenever possible. The multicore is not really useful in Creo.

I believe it was a known issue in M010 and that M020 was suppose to resolve this. I have not run into the issue as yet but it has always been a problem in Pro/E. You have to find the offending feature and change it in a way that it does not offend Creo. The problem use to come about when you try to create a section view in a drawing. With the expanded functionality of sections, I suspect the same old problem is now affecting models. Typically it is a tangency issue with the section plane. The previous bug was more prominent however and may be resolved with the M020 update.

I might suggest using your maintenance and having PTC work on a solution for you since this should not be happening.

mbrehmer
6-Contributor
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Since posting this I have gone to M020 and it has not fixed it. In fact M020 has actually made sectioning worse. Now when I have "shading with edges" selected as my viewing method I now have edges still visible in the removed sectioning. I see that there is a ticket on this edge problem already out and apparently they have fixed it for M030. But, who knows when PTC will release that.

I can seem to make Creo crash with any flexible part and cross section. Whether the part is sectioned, way off to the side, hidden, etc...

I do have a maintenance ticket for this out as well and PTC is looking into it. Just wondering if anyone else was having this problem.

I have seen those shaded edges. Definitely annoying! Glad to hear it will be fixed.

Sorry, I cannot confirm the flexible model aspect. I don't use them.

Hopefully they are correcting all issues with cross sections as they released a bulletin for a fix http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/freefull.jsp?&im_dbkey=151100&icg_dbkey=222

papendha
5-Regular Member
(To:mbrehmer)

Matt,

Can an assembly with flex components be shared? This is not reproduced in any assembly with flex components.

Are you hitting Undo after conversion of x section? Do you have a traceback for any of these frequent crashes.

If possible please provide a short trail file.

-Parag

mbrehmer
6-Contributor
(To:papendha)

I have a ticket out with PTC already.

See case #11120322

Have already done WebEx with PTC.

Top Tags