Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Annotations at a Higher Level Assembly

SOLVED
Highlighted

Managing Annotations at a Higher Level Assembly

Hello Everyone,

I have a large assembly, several sub assembly’s feeding a top level assembly. On a lower level assembly I have created note annotations that I would like to show on the drawing but I do not want them to appear on the next higher assemblies. I would like to turn them off, I have created different combined states for the annotations. I cannot figure this out can anyone help?

Thank you for your time.

Luis

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Managing Annotations at a Higher Level Assembly

An alternative for the assembly would be to put annotations onto specific layers and at assembly level hide those layers.

Regarding the drawing:

Are you searching for "auto_show_3d_detail_items no"?

See article CS27805 : How to avoid display of "Set Datums", GTOL or 3D Annotations on newly created views in Pro/ENGINEER, Creo Elements/Pro and Creo Parametric

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS27805

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

So a bit of an update, I have figured out how to turn off/on note annotations at a higer level by deselecting the combined state on the lower level assembly that contains the notes.

The new problem is when I bring the model into a drawing all the notes appear. Is there a way to control this at the drawing level or assembly level so that it defaults off?

Highlighted

An alternative for the assembly would be to put annotations onto specific layers and at assembly level hide those layers.

Regarding the drawing:

Are you searching for "auto_show_3d_detail_items no"?

See article CS27805 : How to avoid display of "Set Datums", GTOL or 3D Annotations on newly created views in Pro/ENGINEER, Creo Elements/Pro and Creo Parametric

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS27805

View solution in original post

That works thank you.

Announcements