cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Managing Annotations at a Higher Level Assembly

ptc-6713528
1-Newbie

Managing Annotations at a Higher Level Assembly

Hello Everyone,

I have a large assembly, several sub assembly’s feeding a top level assembly. On a lower level assembly I have created note annotations that I would like to show on the drawing but I do not want them to appear on the next higher assemblies. I would like to turn them off, I have created different combined states for the annotations. I cannot figure this out can anyone help?

Thank you for your time.

Luis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

An alternative for the assembly would be to put annotations onto specific layers and at assembly level hide those layers.

Regarding the drawing:

Are you searching for "auto_show_3d_detail_items no"?

See article CS27805 : How to avoid display of "Set Datums", GTOL or 3D Annotations on newly created views in Pro/ENGINEER, Creo Elements/Pro and Creo Parametric

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS27805

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

So a bit of an update, I have figured out how to turn off/on note annotations at a higer level by deselecting the combined state on the lower level assembly that contains the notes.

The new problem is when I bring the model into a drawing all the notes appear. Is there a way to control this at the drawing level or assembly level so that it defaults off?

An alternative for the assembly would be to put annotations onto specific layers and at assembly level hide those layers.

Regarding the drawing:

Are you searching for "auto_show_3d_detail_items no"?

See article CS27805 : How to avoid display of "Set Datums", GTOL or 3D Annotations on newly created views in Pro/ENGINEER, Creo Elements/Pro and Creo Parametric

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS27805

That works thank you.

Top Tags