cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mass Prop Feature

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Mass Prop Feature

So in the past I have been reluctant to add a Mass prop feature to my large assemblies because I "assumed" it would calculate with every regen and cause a slowdown in the model.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether this is true of if it's just unfounded worrying on my part?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

I realized I didn't clarify this really well. This would be used to place a point on the CG on the drawing(something we really only need for our 3 largest assemblies since they are the ones the customer will see). I use the system parameter for mass on my drawings (pro_mp_mass) and I understand I usually have to run mass props and regen once or twice to get a good CG and mass on my large assemblies.

Steve

In Reply to

Top Tags