cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mass Properties Tied to Sub-Assembly

dwilliams
6-Contributor

Mass Properties Tied to Sub-Assembly

Hi Gurus,

I have an assembly where the mass properties appear to be associated a one of its Sub-Assemblies. Can anyone tell me how this Sub-Assembly is getting assigned as the model in the mass properties?

[cid:image001.png@01CDD2EE.CF999250][cid:image002.png@01CDD2EE.CF999250]

I appreciate your time,
Dax Williams
Engineering E-Tools Administrator
GE Healthcare OEC
Surgery
-<">mailto:->

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

When model (assembly or part) contains relation

mass=mp_mass(")

and when config.pro option mass_property_calculate is set to automatic, mass properties of sub-assembly and parts will get calculated and assigned each time the assembly gets regenerated.

In WF3 that actually ment that you need to regenerate the assembly at least twice and save it for the mass properties to get populated among the subassemblies and parts.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jure

Top Tags