cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mass Properties of Simplified reps on Drawing Sheets

JWayman
1-Newbie

Mass Properties of Simplified reps on Drawing Sheets

Hello,

I have a top-level assembly that can be assembled in two different configurations. This is accomplished by moving a pair of blocks either above or below another part.

In order to depict this fact, I have an assembly master rep that contains one set of base parts, two sets of blocks and two sets of the remaining parts that are assembled to the blocks. I have created a Configuration 1 simplified rep with the configuration 2 set of parts excluded and a configuration 2 simplified rep with the configuration 1 set of parts excluded.

I made a GA drawing showing configuration 1 on sheet 1 and configuration 2 on sheet 2. The automatic BOM balloons obliged nicely and everything looked good, until:

I opened the drawing and, in response to the prompt, asked for the Master Rep to be opened. When I hit Regenerate, the mass reported on the drawing changed to be that of the master rep.

Is there a way that I can report a mass parameter that corresponds to the particular simplified rep that drawing sheet depicts? Some kind of suffix to the parameter, perhaps?

Alternatively, is it possible to use flexibility in some way, to change the way the blocks and subsequent parts are assembled?

If I could use different constraint sets for each drawing sheet, that would sort it out, I believe. However, I am using Wildfire 4, so I can't use different constraint sets.

I did search on the forum, but I can't find anything that quite reflects my particular problem,hence the question.

Cheers,

John

WF4, m220

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags