cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mechanism Problem

mvitárius
15-Moonstone

Mechanism Problem

Hello.

I have a problem in Creo 2.0 with my mechanism. In my mechanism there is an unwanted movement on one of my movement.

On this video I show the problem:ASM0001 - YouTube

My goal would be something like on this video: Dwell slider mechanism 4 - YouTube

But as you can see, when my yellow part moves on the brown sliding part, it moves it by some unknown reason from me. If you could help me out what's the problem is, or how could I figure it out, that would be nice.

Please look over the collisions on the assembly.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mvitárius
15-Moonstone
(To:TomU)

The video you see uses a static analysis(I guess that's my first mistake), If I use kinematic, it does the same, and if I use dynamic It act like there is no friction at all, so when the yellow part hits the brown part it pushes it away. The friction is set to deffault. I'll try to adjuct it later, and see what happens.

Edit: If I enable gravity and all friction on the dynamic analys it seems to work fine.

Edit2: Also I forgot to mention, that I set friction between the two part.

Thanks for you help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mvitárius)

Is this a dynamic analysis or kinematic?  Do you have friction defined between the two?

mvitárius
15-Moonstone
(To:TomU)

The video you see uses a static analysis(I guess that's my first mistake), If I use kinematic, it does the same, and if I use dynamic It act like there is no friction at all, so when the yellow part hits the brown part it pushes it away. The friction is set to deffault. I'll try to adjuct it later, and see what happens.

Edit: If I enable gravity and all friction on the dynamic analys it seems to work fine.

Edit2: Also I forgot to mention, that I set friction between the two part.

Thanks for you help!

Top Tags