cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mechanism Question - summary

snellutla
1-Newbie

Mechanism Question - summary

Summary of the responses i received.

Thanks guys for the response

Response 1
It looks like you have acurve that represents your desiredcam follower path. This curve sketch can be selectedin a "SLOT" constraint and matched to a datum point in the follower or pin. The curve must be in the plate component and the datum point must be in the pin component. Select any endpoint in the path curve as the "zero ref" for the slot constraint. An additional general constraint between a plane parallel to thepin axis and an assembly level plane parallel to the plate axis will keep the pin from rotatingas the disc turns. Let us know if it works out. I put together a quick model and it worked for me. Good luck.

Response 2
You have to connect the disk with a pin connection and the pin with a slider connection radial to the ring.
Now you define the center curve in the slot of the ring as in the pdf and a center point on the pin.
Then you setup a slot follower

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags