cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mechanism tips (sliders)

six10
4-Participant

Mechanism tips (sliders)

HEllo everybody,

I have a problem constraining parts via mechanism to achive a movement illustrated on the pictures. Could anybody give me tips please, on how to achive desired end state for these 3 parts (last picture). Just how to constrain and which constrains to use, so i could use DRAG COMPONENTS function, and mechasim would behave in a desired way.

I mated the parts below with the 'usual mates' just to illustrate what i would like to achive. The end goal is to use mechanism mates, so that the mechanism could actually move via force motors or just be hand draged. The starting point is below:

Slide8.JPG

For better illusttrationm there is a picture of a midstate of the supposed mechanism:

Slide7.JPGand then of course the desired, end state of mechanism:

Slide6.JPG

So when body 2 comes to a certain point, it has to drag body 3 with it. And this is what I just cannot achieve. Any tips? I am pretty sure i have to use SLIDER for BODY2, but how to constrain BODY3?

1 REPLY 1
MrMRo
4-Participant
(To:six10)

You can try adding "General" constraints with "Translation axis" set and "Minimum Limit" activated.

One set for each, Body 3 - Body 1 and Body 3 - Body 2. Make sure they are oriented so both motions open in the correct direction.

Each should hit 0 when the there is a collision between the bodys.

Top Tags