cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mechanism to go through csys "way points"

nfugal
3-Visitor

Mechanism to go through csys "way points"

I am trying to come up with a way to show a part/subassembly moving along a path that consists of some discrete number of "way points" defined as coordinate systems. Each way point could be at any location and orientation. In my head this would be accomplished with a table driven servo motor where the rows of the table contain a time value and selected csys, and in the background creo would interpolation position and orientation between rows. But this doesn't seem to exist...

The closest I've been able to get is to define a 6-dof mechanism and apply 6 servo motors for each of the 6 degrees of freedom. This is cumbersome at best, and becomes exponentially more difficult with increasing number of way points.

Does anybody know of an easier way to achieve this? I'd love to be able to do preliminary robot simulations to evaluate reach without using a 3rd party software by mechanizing the end of arm tooling in this manner.

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags